Frutarom To Acquire Full Ownership Of Enzymotec

Friday, November 3rd, 2017 | 932 Views


A manufacturer of food flavours and ingredients, Frutarom To Acquire Full Ownership Of Enzymotec, a functional ingredients manufacturer, at approximately US$210 million.

The food flavours and ingredients manufacturer currently holds approximately 19 percent of the functional ingredients manufacturer’s shares at an average price of US$9.60 per share, and will acquire the remaining balance (81 percent) of shares for a cash payment of US$11.90 per share. The acquired company will be a subsidiary of the food flavours and ingredients manufacturer.

Frutarom To Acquire Full Ownership Of Enzymotec Ori Yehudai, president and chief executive officer, Frutarom Group, said: “This acquisition will provide additional reinforcement to our growing activity in natural specialty fine ingredients.”

The Frutarom functional ingredients manufacturer has developed technology for processing lipids that supports various biological functions, and it enables extraction of lipids from natural sources, separation and analysis of lipid molecules, and uses enzymes to synthesise lipid molecules familiar to the human body. The company also has a toolset that allows it to transform lipids from natural raw materials into those that have unique structural and functional characteristics.

The merger will enable integration of the companies’ activities in the fields of research and development, sales, marketing, production, supply chain and logistics. The nutrition segment of the acquired company is expected to contribute to the company’s portfolio of solutions in the fields of dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals, infant formula and elderly clinical nutrition.

 

Further reading:

Seaweed—The Superfood On The Rise

Givaudan Acquires Vika BV To Strengthen Dairy Portfolio

Barentz Expands Into Vietnam

The Liveability Challenge Tackles The Triple Threat Facing Asian Cities Of The Future

Celsius Partners With YHS Singapore To Expand Into Southeast Asian Region

Ingredion Launches NOVATION Lumina Functional Native Starches

McCormick Identifies Five Trends For 2017 Flavour Forecast

Heat And Control’s New Website Inspires New Product Development

Coca-Cola Launches New Energy Drink To Tap Vietnamese Market, Says GlobalData

ADM Unveils Flavour Creation Facility in Sydney

WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!

 

SHARE WITH FRIENDS: